Thursday, July 5, 2007

Tar Kau


3 pm. Thursday afternoon. BP: 180/120 (at least it felt like it)


Talk about office politics. He said that she said that he said that they said... Kids in Armanis and Levis. That's who we are.


The office has gotten big. It's near impossible to be one big happy family. Reality would not allow such ignorant idealism. Slowly we morph involuntarily into our own little clicks. Like hyenas we move around in packs - stage grins masking murderous thoughts.


Intentions can be given the benefit of the doubt. But to say "trust" seems so gullible.


At breaking point (just before swivel chair hits plaster), I send an sos sms to Hazel and FC.


"Please pray. Goin into tar kau meeting now."


FC's reply: "Huh? Pray 4 shield of faith or fist of thunderbolt?"


FC my funny friend in time of fury.


Nonetheless, I know neither Hazel nor FC did pray for any forn of thunderbolt. For within minutes, BP dropped. Not to the point of blackout but to a blissful "normal".


It was the peace of God. It was unmistakeable. It was beyond human understanding. For the worms I thought were plotting my downfall were still in front of me. Yet, voice decible remained normal. Not just mine. Everyone's.


Words were civil. Tempers were pushed to the edge but not beyond. Views were honest. And in the end everybody walked out with limbs in place and egos intact.


I now know - when a prayer is requested, do it immediately. A whisper that lasts but 10 seconds can erase hours of capped fury.


Thanks Hazel and thanks FC.


And thank you Lord for preventing me from becoming myself.




3 comments:

FeR said...

haro. completely unrelated but phewitttt

ada kasi start blog wor?

*hehe*

here to tell you, ada orang baca juga.

@nne said...

yeala

i added u on my link.

Paul Lim said...

helo. better late than never. hoho.
thanks for stopping by. and thanks for adding to your link anne. heh...